Sunday, February 27, 2011

Snowed Inn

My birthday wish came true. At the beginning of the month I told Aaron all that I wanted for my birthday was a little family get-a-way. He made it happen. We spent the weekend up in Glorious Park City! I love it there anyday, anytime of the year. We stayed in a cozy condo and as luck would have it, a huge snow storm kept us quite comfortably tucked in. We did manage to go outside and play in the snow each day. But most of the time we stayed inside watching movies, playing games, reading books, and eating. If we got bored, then we'd just throw our snow stuff on and get tuckered out outside. It was exactly what I wanted. Best birthday ever!
This may be the only time that I absolutely LOVED the snow! It was positively beautiful!
The first night we jumped on the beds and made a mess.
 
 
I don't usually like to play in the snow. But I wanted to be a good sport and spend quality time with my family. Afterall, this was my birthday wish and you cannot go to Park City in the wintertime and not play in the snow. Fortunately, there was soooo much right outside our front door that we literally did not go anywhere.

 
 
 
Hannah has become quite good at the games "Memory" and "Guess Who" and "Old Maid". I honestly can say that when she wins it is because she did herself. She's also become very competitive, but she is a good sport when she does lose. Makes it fun to play with her. 
 
   Unfortunately, the success rate with pottying was no better up in the mountains. I think I may have to start completely over with the two of them. They did so good for 3 whole days! What did I do wrong?
I absolutely loved that instead of a nap in bed, the kids took naps on us.
 
The last day we took the kids on the Gondola up the canyon. It was cold, but oh so beautiful.
 
 
We wasted no time in the snow making snow angels, sledding, and building snowmen.
 
 
 
 
  Just before we packed up to head back home, I dared Aaron to jump off the balcony into the mound of snow below. The pictures do not do justice for just how high this was. Nathan was nervous for his daddy, but Hannah was with me and told him to do it. I have to admit, I was a little nervous that there may be a huge bolder under all that snow that really wasn't buried. Fortunately, he just got whiplash. Just kidding, that part wasn't fortunate at all, but he still can't back down from a good dare. Especially when it's his wife who's daring him.
 
 
The snow followed us home and for the first time I was actually okay with it. I love my little family and the weekend was a good reminder of the simple things that make me happy.




4 comments:

5-against-1 said...

Super fun!! Even though I can't see you out in the snow for too long!! You just got dressed and ran out to take a few pictures huh?
I am jealous...looks like fun just to veg and play! Sounds like you had a great B-Day!!

Richins Family said...

looks like such a great weekend :) happy birthday sis! love you

Anne-Marie said...

Sounds like a perfect Birthday Melissa! (besides the sickness) So fun!

Laura said...

Sounds like a fun time. Happy Birthday! Good luck with potty training. It's the worst!