Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Letter B & S

Ok, so this could be interpreted as BS, which is the kind of week I've had, but no, this is about joyschool. I'd be lying if I said I always look forward when it's my turn to take these munchkins and teach them something about playing, creating, helping, and sharing. But, in all honesty I stress out wondering if I've prepared enough to keep them happy, will they even listen to me, can I keep the "control Melissa" under wraps and not get frustrated when they inevitably will not listen. Happily, I almost always enjoy when the kids are at my house, but for some reason I forget how much fun it can be until my turn comes around again. Tuesday was not as much fun as today. I was in a bad mood and bad mood and Nathan do not mix very well. I'll just say, it was a terrible day! Today I was able to just let go of everything and go with whatever they had to dish out. I even cranked some music up towards the end and we danced like wild people. It was fun. It was therapy for me. Best of all the kids joined my craziness and we all laughed. Why oh why do I make some things more difficult than they have to be?

For the letter S, we talked about Spiders, colored Snakes, made Snowflakes, Spelled names, read Silly books, and most importantly, talked about Service. Best part about Tuesdays class was I gave each one of the kids a clorox wipe and had them serve me! They loved it!!! They cleaned every nook and cranny they could find. I had to literally bribe them to stop when it was time to move onto something else.
 
 
This was Nathan's contribution. I don't blame him. I really was in a bad mood and there is no getting him to do ANYTHING I want him to do if I show any sign of being upset with him. It is a constant battle I work on. I can't help but think that when I pray to be more patient, that Nathan is how Heavenly Father is trying to help me learn patience. Some days I do great. Other days, not so great. But I really love this boy, even when he pushes me to my very limit.
 
Today, with the letter B, we played Bingo, read Books, ate Bubble gum, Banannas, Bread & Butter, and played Basket Ball. Oh, and we danced like crazy people, but that doesn't start with B. I just needed it.
 
 
So, if you're in a bad mood, feeling down, or if you're like me and cold all the time, turn up some Michael Jackson music and DANCE! It's the cure for it all! 

No comments: