Saturday, March 12, 2011

Star, Idaho

It's ever bit as quaint and cute as it sounds. With only 1700 people, how could it not be. Tuesday, I ventured out with my kids on a 6 hour drive to visit my sister and her family in Idaho. It was WAY more fun than I thought it could be. My kids were gems on the drive, played hard with their cousins, slept like angels, and gave me the break I was needing by allowing me to have a great visit with my sister.  I may be convinced that we need to have large trees to climb in, a tree swing to swing in, and a jungle gym to play in.  It may very well have been a little piece of heaven for the kiddos. Thank you! Thank you! Lizzard for the fabulous few days!
On the way home I enjoyed playing "I spy" with the kids and hearing them giggle over me not be able to find their "spy". We also talked about the more important things of life like, why Hannah can't marry her cute cousin Ryan even if he is so "nice" to her.  Hannah is at such an inquisitive age and she took full advantage of the confinement of the car to ask me a bazillion questions! Really, truly, she never ran out of anything to ask. It is fun to see how her little brain processes questions and answers. I enjoyed the drive there and back just as much as I enjoyed our time in Idaho.

2 comments:

Richins Family said...

so fun :) glad you guys had a good time!

Cali and Travis said...

Okay where ever Star is, it must be warmer than here. We still have too much snow on the ground to play outside. Glad you enjoyed your trip though.