Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Opposite of Lovely
I shouldn't be surprised, but it was kind of an awful day. I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Didn't get enough sleep. Nate and I butted heads first thing and so their was discipline too early for a good day. Tried to be productive with something this morning. Not very successful. Took the kids outside knowing that a big storm is coming in and this beautiful weather will be gone tomorrow (and boy is the wind ever blowing outside right now). Saw a friend out with her daughter. We had them over to play and eat lunch. This made me happy, but the fighting between my kids and her daughter did not make me happy. Put Abby down for her nap, took Hannah to school, put movie on for Nathan and finally took a shower at 2pm. Came back down to a boy asleep on the couch, so I began dinner. When Nathan woke up he had wet his pants. Kids were hungry at 5pm so I sure was glad that I started dinner early. They barely touched it. This always puts me in a great mood. Let the kids play/make a mess of the house while I played the piano as if I was performing for a grand audience. Meanwhile, the noise level of the kids was getting louder, therefore I started playing louder and faster and more intensely. Nate comes in to tell me that he has pooped his pants. Frustrated and slightly angry, I told him he could just sit in it or change it himself. He cried. He asked me if he changed it, if I would wipe him clean. I laughed and said, yes. Wouldn't you know, when I went to wipe his bum, the wipe slipped from my hand and I put my hand right on the poop! I did not laugh. But I am laughing now. The night did not end terrible thank goodness. The children settled down. I read them books, we read the scriptures. Nathan bawled and ran out of the room during family prayer because I said it tonight and he wanted to. We kissed and made up and I sang him songs in his bed. It's nights like tonight that I'm sad Aaron works late most nights. It is a roller coaster of emotions every day, between me and the kids, but when the kids go down well.....it makes up for the awful day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh--Melissa. Sorry you had a hard day. I know how you feel. Ryan works late, and sometimes the days feel never-ending. Go eat some ice cream and relax.
Maybe it is because it is now after the fact. I don't want to be insensitive, but this post made me giggle a bit. The poopy hand part made me laugh right out loud.
Oh, these are the days, aren't they?
I totally know them well. They are hard and frustrating and seem to never end! :)
I hope you are doing much better today....and thanks so much for the visual of your grand piano performance! Hahahaha! I just love you!
Post a Comment