Monday, February 21, 2011

This is Life. Not Eternal Life

My sister Susan says this a lot. Especially on those days when life is hard. It makes me smile when my life seems hard. It's easy to think this heartache, this worry, this mess, this pain, this frustration, this whatever, is going to last forever! But, it's really not. And I know that. Boy am I ever grateful for this knowledge. It's been a good day. Change is coming our way. It's good. It's going to be hard, but I really am grateful for it. I am surrounded by my children today and I love listening to them talk, play, read, just love having them with me. This is not always the case. There are days I want a break and even would like that break to last a few days, but I also have a great understanding of the trust I've been given to raise them and the more I learn and know this, the more I LOVE this undertaking that is mine.

Today Hannah asked me if she could still kiss me when I was old. When I told her yes, she radiated her beautiful smile and was happy and content. She's been concerned with me getting old lately. Don't know why. She also wanted me to know that she does not have a boyfriend yet. Hmmm....good to know.

Nathan told me a I was "beautiful" this morning. Made my day! He also pooped 4 times in his underwear today. FOUR TIMES!!!! Who poops that much? On the good side, two out of the 4 he finished in the toilet and he didn't have one wet accident today. WAY TO GO BUD!
I love kissing that chubby face. 

1 comment:

Bodie_Millie_McKenzie said...

Kids can be so frustrating sometimes and so awesome other times! You are an amazing mom! Your kids are lucky to have you! Love ya.