Thursday, February 17, 2011

Melv's Post

Mandy Kay Casper Randall
We are exactly two weeks apart, Mandy and me. We are quite certain that we were friends in heaven long before we became friends on earth. We were college roommates nearly 13 years ago. We are kindred spirits. She is one I can talk to on the phone for hours (and if you know me, that's saying something because I am NOT a phone talker). She knows me soooo well. She is as real as they come, not a phony bone in her body. She is a happy person and makes all around her happy too. She is an amazing woman with a zest for life that I crave! She is the wife of one very very lucky man....but he's pretty great as well. She is the mother of two rowdy boys and one princess girl. She lives out in the country in Idaho....and I miss her a lot. She has perfect teeth. She is an only girl in her family and her mom used to tell us while we were on the look out for Mr. Right, "you girls are the whole package" and that made me feel so special.

Some of my favorite memories with Mandy are:
-The time we went to her cabin in the summer and made matching quilts for our beds for the next school year. We sewed from sun up to sun down. It was amazing! And our quilts are amazing and something I truly cherish. I had a friend tell me once that she didn't believe I made it. When I told Mandy's mom about that she told me to say, "get over it, I am that amazing"! Her mom is a riot!
-The time we read the Book of Mormon together in one weekend! It was an incredible experience. We didn't answer the phone, answer the door, even cooking was a distraction. That was a such a blast!
-Or, how about this experience Mandy
This is us on a walk at 11:00 at night right behind my house, on a trail. Aaron wanted us to go with weapons, so we wore these head lamps and took hammers with us. We were laughing so hard and too chicken to really walk on that trail for very long. Side note, whenever we take pictures together we always laugh because we purposely take it up high so we have to point our chins up to make sure we have no double chin.  
- We have lauged together, bawled together, wet our pants from laughing so hard many, many times. Oh the stories I could share. She is a soul sister and I love her.
Two of her three munchkins, Grant and Corbin.

1 comment:

5-against-1 said...

What a great friend!! That picture of you and the headlamps and hammers is awesome!! I can just see you out there on the trail!