Thursday, February 3, 2011

Move Over Martha

Or in other words, I belong to a M.O.M. group where we are in groups of 5 women, who go out of our way to learn to cook a little more gourmet and serve it to the rest of the group. Fun! Lots of fun really. This past week was my groups turn. We spent the time planning a theme, which was "Chinese New Year" and planned our menu around that. Yes, I'm kicking myself that I didn't take pictures of all the amazing food we served. Each one of us chose a couple things to cook. I made Honey Coconut Walnut Shrimp (yum!), white sticky rice, and an Asian Salad. Also on the menu was:

Appetizer: Egg rolls, lettuce wraps
Soup: Vegetable dumpling
Salad: Chinese chicken salad, Asian Salad
Main Course: Beef & Broccolli, the above shrimp, Lou Mein, and Fried Rice
Dessert: Great Wall of Chocolate (cake), homemade fortune cookies, and almond cookies.

It was a ton of food, all delicious, lots of laughs, super fun, and great company.
Amanda S., Amanda B., Linda, Sherry, Me

Some of the goods
 

The lovely guests



3 comments:

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

Um YUM!! What a fun idea! I love it! Did that salad happen to include a little blood?! YOUCH! I hope your finger is alright, you silly goose!

Richins Family said...

mmmmm i must have that recipe! is it anything like the coconut walnut shrimp at asian star? it's more like a treat than dinner :)

Jill T said...

I heard it was delicious. Good job. I haven't heard anything about our groups next dinner...wish I could have gone to yours too!