Tuesday, August 20, 2013

1st day of homeschool

I was up and at 'em this morning. Eager and ready to start our first day of school. The kids woke up in good moods, I had a shower, Joe slept mostly through the night. It was going to be a great day! After all, the day before was one of the worst to date, so today could only be better. And great it was. I'm calling it a big success. As other children were hustling and bustling to 'regular' school, we were relaxed, but just as excited here...well, at least I was. We started it off with our morning devotional, something I took a break from over the summer. Without documenting every detail of our lesson/day, I'll say the kids did pretty well. I think Hannah was a little bored and she did mention a couple of times that she is sad not to be going to 'regular' school. Stab to the heart, I felt the sting and feel sad for her but I know as sure as anything, that this is right for us, at least for now.
 We did enjoy the crowd less parks that will be nice to take advantage of all school year long.
I'm so excited to be apart of the  Family Leadership Academy that we will meet with every Monday and go on Field Trips with every other Friday. The kids will participate in the core subjects in the morning; Geography, Art, Music, Literature, Science, History. And then extracurricular classes in the afternoon. Abigail is taking a Reading Readiness class, Hannah is taking a Math and Art class, as well as Nathan. They will also be taking a Theater/Dance/Singing class and Tae Kwon Do. There's around a 100 children apart of this organization, so they will make lots of new friends.

But now, I must go to bed. I'm completely worn out from today, but in a good way.

No comments: