Friday, August 16, 2013

10 Years of Wedded Bliss?

I really can't believe 10 years of marriage has come and gone. We celebrated our 10 year anniversary yesterday. All I wanted was a night at the temple we were married and sealed in, with my honey.

 
So I reflect on the past 10 years. Has it been wedded bliss? Um, no. Not always anyway. There's been lots of happy times for sure, but there's been far more growing than anything and I'm grateful for that. Here's my top 10 things I've learned in the ten years of being married.
 
10.  Learning to communicate is essential
 
9.  Serving each other is key
 
8. Support each others dreams
 
7. Laughing and crying are a good part of marriage
 
6. Don't keep secrets
 
5. Know your roles and embrace those roles.
 
4. Let go of pride and say your sorry.
 
3. Live within your means
 
2. Be forgiving
 
1. Marriage is worth it! It's worth the work and effort it takes to keep the flame alive.
 
Aaron and I are so different in so many ways. I have come to really appreciate our differences. He has made me stretch and grow and I know I have him too. I'm grateful to this man who loves me fiercely. I'm honored to share his name. And I feel intensely blessed that I have a companion who feels the same as I do about marriage and knows it's worth every effort!
 
Spencer W. Kimball said: "While marriage is difficult, and discordant and frustrated marriages are common, yet real, lasting happiness is possible, and marriage can be, more an exultant ecstasy than the human mind can conceive. This is within the reach of every couple, every person."

No comments: