Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Something to be Thankful for

We had a surprise. A BIG surprise mind you. We will be having another baby join our family in June. Because we weren't exactly planning on this happening so soon it has been somewhat of an adjustment. Being sick is never fun. Being grouchy isn't much fun either. If I don't have to get dressed, I don't. If I can stay inside all day, I do. I'm particularly agitated to smells. I knew someone who for the whole 9 months couldn't stand the smell of her husband.That's not me, but I do gag at the way my little boy smells like "boy" and changing a poopy diaper (or worse, underwear) can put me right over the top! I have weird cravings, only to be disappointed once I eat it that it didn't hit the spot.

All complaining aside. We are thankful. The kids are extatic! We told them yesterday because Hannah said she had a dream I was going to have another baby and that it would be a boy. When I told her I really was going to have another baby....man alive she was EXCITED! We'll see if she's right about a boy. Nate sure would love a brother!

7 comments:

Jessica said...

Congratulations Melissa! You are an amazing mom.

Hillary and Jake said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you! It is a surprise but a great one!!!

Cali and Travis said...

Sorry Melissa, that last comment was me. I'm using my sister's computer. Congrats again!

cristy said...

Congratulations! That is great news. I can't wait to get my baby fix in primary- Jensen should be in nursery by the time yours is born and I'll be happy to hold him or her for you ;). But oh the sick part :( not a good thing.

Jennie said...

You little rat! I found out on Susan's facebook page!!! Really, I'm so happy for you...and even more happy that it's a surprise. You are a tough one to surprise, you know. Hang in there with the sickness, it will be worth it. :)

5-against-1 said...

YAY!!! I am so excited for you! Sorry you are sick! I wish I could be there to help you! This little one is lucky to be coming to such a great family and an amazing momma!!!

Brooke said...

I so excited for you Melissa! I hope your sickness if over quick, it can be so hard. Hang in there!