Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving

Tomorrow is likely to be a crazy, fun day, as well as the weekend. So, I wanted to write my kids thoughts on Thanksgiving while I have a second.

Hannah - she is thankful for:
Turkey
Holidays
Family
The Earth
Beautiful House
The sun
Flowers
Movies

Nathan - he is thankful for:
His blankie, as always
Friends
Games
Chickens

Abigail - she is thankful for:
Jesus
Birdies
Cars
Puppies

It was so fun to ask them what they are thankful for and to see them really think about it. I have so much to be thankful for. Of course there is the usual, my family, my health, warm house, friendships, but I'm especially thankful for a baby growing in my belly and to be past most of the sickness. I'm so thankful for children who see things so much simpler than I do and remind me every day what matters most. I'm thankful that the weather is chilly but not freezing. We are still able to go outside and enjoy the beauty. I'm thankful for my Savior and for the holiday that gets a lot more attention, for all the wrong reasons. I hope to have a more Christ centered Christmas in our home this year. Lots to be thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: