Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thankful Thursdays

* For fruit. It is something I crave all the time. Especially grapefruit. I'm so thankful to have fruit in my house almost daily and it's my favorite thing to eat first thing when I wake up.

* Warm house and warm clothes. I despise being cold. I have so many things to keep me warm and I sure am thankful for those things.

* To see my children learn. They each are learning new things all the time. Hannah is especially learning a lot with reading and writing. It is so fun to see her little mind comprehend new things. I've been blown away with how well Nathan is doing in preschool. He so enjoys what he is learning and it's so good for him to see his own success. Abigail is often found in a pile of books, reading them out loud to herself. I work hard to create a home that is an environment of learning and it's so nice to see them excited about it.

* Suzanna. I can't emphasize what a dear friend she is to me. She is insightful, honest, faithful, a true friend in every respect. I'm so grateful to have her in my life.

* The scriptures. They've been a source of comfort to me lately. When I read them, I feel at peace. When I don't, the peace is not so readily available. I'm also grateful for inspired talks by our general authorities and leaders of our church. It seems that lately I've listened to talks to that have spoken directly to my heart.

* Although I think Aaron works an insane amount of hours and it can sometimes create feelings of resentment, I'm so thankful he works so hard to take care of us. I'm so thankful that I can stay home with our kids and spend every day with them. Motherhood has become such a joy in my life and I am truly grateful to be able to be home with them.

1 comment:

Zanny said...

I love you, Mel! You're my best friend!