Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween Night

The children are still on a sugar high this morning. I remember too loving this wretched holiday when I was little. I had to make a chain at the beginning of the month so they would stop asking me when the actual day would be here. It worked. Sort of.  With the mounds of candy they got trick-or-treating, I so appreciated those homes that offered something other than candy. We were not one of those homes, but I just may convert to doing that next year instead. The kids equally loved the glow in the dark sticks and bouncy balls they got.

On with the festivities. Both Hannah and Nathan had school parties. I volunteered in Hannah's class so I missed Nathan's party. Kindergarten had a cute little parade and then a fun party. I helped the kids with a Halloween craft of tissue paper to make candy corn. And wouldn't you know, every child I asked said that candy corn was their favorite Halloween candy. Go figure!

Hannah and cousin Grace as the cutest little Dorothy's ever!
And my adorable Race Car Driver, Bumble Bee, and Dorothy

Aaron decked our house out for the trick-or-treaters and made the house into a monster. It was a hit! And a little freaky.

It was a Halloween fun day and I'm glad it's over for another year.

No comments: