Thursday, July 5, 2012

Our Country's Birthday

The 4th of July could very well be my most favorite family holiday. I've been polishing up on my understanding of this wonderful country this past year, and boy oh boy, do I have a love that is just growing and growing for this land. Hannah asked me yesterday why we celebrate the 4th of July, (such a thinker she is). She knows that the symbol of our country is the Eagle, and that it represents freedom and that the flag is our symbol of freedom too. (I was shocked that she knew about the eagle as she didn't learn that at home). Susan and I told her that the 4th of July is our country's birthday and we celebrate because we are so thankful to those who fought, both then and now, so we can continue to celebrate our freedoms here.
Hannah drew this picture of our flag. It says, "In Lehi, Utah. The symbol of our Country".


As has been our tradition in our neighborhood for the past 4 years, we celebrated with a carnival that could rival anywhere you'd have to pay top dollar for. We had bounce houses, the traditional dunk tank and train rides, snow cones, face painting, pie eating contest, BBQ, bonding with neighbors and friends, and of course, front row seats to Thanksgiving Points fireworks.

 This was Hannah favorite attraction this year.  Nathan did it one time, but his favorite was the many bounce houses.
Brave Boy!
  Addy Troxel and Hannah....and Kanoa!
 Chadley, Hannah, Grace
 Abigail's "bff" Owen.

 Our face painters
 Snake face
 Butterfly face
 Abigail, Kamryn, Nathan
 Carlee's family: Beckham, Brett, Car, Hayden.....and Lydia.
My friend texted this picture to me while I was inside my house feeding Joe. Hmm.....think she's watched me a few times? Love this girl and love her serious face for this picture. It is after all serious business. Aren't you all impressed with how perfectly placed her baby is? Apparently she even handed her baby to Owen, who is behind her, so he could burp the baby and then he promptly handed her back so Abigail could finish feeding on the other side. Smart girl!
Grace and Eliza
Lydia and Nathan

Darling Eliza


 This is what I get for cheering him on... Kissed!

Sparklers!!!!

Happy Birthday America! Land that I LOVE!!!!


*not pictured is a perfect, wonderful, precious baby boy that slept inside most of the day and whose mother completely forgot to take a picture of.
**Happy Birthday sister Robin!

No comments: