Thursday, July 12, 2012

Flawless

I'm always just a little behind the curve when it comes to technology. It drives my husband a little batty when I ask him to help me with something that to him is so simple and that I won't take the time to just learn it myself. Eventually I do figure it out, but by the time I do something new has come out and I'm back to where I started.

Yesterday, while with my sister, I asked if she would take a couple pictures of Joe now that his rash has all but cleared up. She laughed and said, "don't you know that I can just photo shop that out"? Um....no I hadn't even thought of that. I forget that we can turn just about any picture we want into a flawless piece of art. It's really remarkable to me. I LOVE taking pictures of my kids. I love to capture them in action, whatever action it may be. My humble camera (right now my i-phone) isn't fancy enough to edit the flaws and I download everyone of them, even the terribly flawed ones because they are what's real to me. So, just to remember that we have flaws, and probably lots of them, here's some of my favorite "flawed" pictures because someday I will have a fancy camera and photo shop and will probably edit all our flaws as well.

Glare on Nathan's mouth that looks like he has a tooth.
Hannah pushing her "baby" Nathan in her doll stroller. Love this one even though it's blurry.
Sweet face with my knee in the picture.

Red eyes
coloring? shadows?

Crazy eyebrows
Joe spitting up
Skin rash
Too dark
Tongue in cheek and shadows
I could go on and on, as I really do have hundreds just like these and I love every one. I'm happy to be reminded that we have flaws but I'm also happy to know that I can have someone edit us when I want that "flawless" photo. Like this one:
I wonder how much editing my friend had to do to get this one just right. Sure love it!

No comments: