It's been a long time coming. I do this just about every 3 years. Grow my hair out so long and then wack it all off. Every time I do this I am full of anxiety. Today was no exception. While driving to my appointment I turned on the radio and Michael Jackson's "Beat It" song was playing. Perfect! Just what I needed to get the darn nerves to calm down. It's so dumb. I know this. Don't ask me why because I have no idea. It is common knowledge that I "do" my hair once a week for church. The rest of the week it is in braids, ponytail, hat, what have you. There is some weird attatchment I have to my long hair, even though I usually dispise it. Maybe because it's such a big part of my identity as sad as that is. I've always been known as the girl with the really long hair.....that is until a chop it and start growing it back out. Some time that's gotta give though right? I mean, as I get older will I always have long hair? Maybe. Oh, and one more thing, an hour after the cut was finished and I got back in my car, the same Michael Jackson song was on. This time I was really rocking out since now the worry of my hair was a thought of the past. So here it is.
Before (don't mind my pj's or that nice calic in my hair)
and After:
Aaron is a long hair kinda guy, but says as long as I like it, then he does too. Hannah and Abigail said they don't like it. (They actually said that. Rude huh?) Hannah pert near started crying and told me never to cut my hair again! Nate on the other hand told me I am beautiful and that he likes it. Thank you Nathan....you will remain my favorite child today.
Some little girl will get my 10+ inches of hair since I always donate it to Locks of Love.
6 comments:
Well I think it's darling. But then again, this is coming from someone who frequently colors & cuts her hair just out of boredom. And frankly, yours doesn't even seem that short to me ;)
I L O V E it! You look gorgeous with long AND short hair! I am currently coveting long hair, so when I saw your top pic I had a twinge of hair greed. However, that "after" pic is BEAUTIFUL! LOVE IT!
I love it sis :) you look so pretty!
I love it! I think you look great. I have always wanted your hair instead of mine!
I love it!! So cute!! I am surprised you can grow it back afterward. I can't stand long hair now that I have had short hair.
That is one lucky little girl who will get your hair! You have beautiful hair, no matter the length!
Post a Comment