Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Routine

I may not be the most organized or most well put together each day, but I THRIVE off of structure and routine with my kids. Even during the summer we had to have a little structure or else I would go bonkers! With school in full force, routine is somewhat easy and more important to me than ever before.

Little did I know that most everyone in our neighbor with a child one of the ages of my kids, prefers morning preschool and kindergarten. We are sleepers over here, so we opted for afternoon. And this means I have my kids to myself everyday in the morning. Our days look like this, with very little change.

Wake up
Breakfast together
Get dressed, make beds, do hair
Devotional - Song, Scripture, Pledge, Prayer
Homework with each child - read, write, math
Piano practice for Hannah

This routine takes our morning up to about 11:00 each day. It's good. It's order. It's time well spent with my kids. Because when they get home from school, so do all their friends and they are gonzo from me until dinner most days.

1 comment:

Cali and Travis said...

Wow your kids are getting so big! And mine never seem to stay that clean for that long.