Sunday, June 26, 2011

Oh, what do you do in the summer time....

...when all the world is green? I love this primary song and we sang it today. It's in my head. I digress.
So, in the summer time we go to parades. Lehi's to be exact. It is a fun tradition and this year was a scorcher!

Waiting patiently for over an hour for the parade to start. So why not indulge in some cotton candy since we won't eat enough candy that is thrown to us here very shortly?
There was some pretty cool floats this year and some fantastic stunts.

And did I mention the candy? Oh my goodness.....we were soooo sick! Tummy aches the rest of the day. I should have taken pictures of the mounds and mounds of candy thrown our way throughout the 2 hours. And very characteristically out of order for me, I just let my kids have at it with no limits. Blah! big mistake, but they sure had fun.

I was in a goofy mood all day yesterday. And I didn't realize how crooked my smile is, or is that my bite? Ironically this hat is for braces and maybe I need to consider them again.  Way crooked right?
I'm so happy summer is here. Our days have been filled with nothing but swimming, playing, and yard work (I consider that fun). So, that's what we do in the summer time....how about you? 


 

2 comments:

Richins Family said...

First off you are so pretty sis :) your kids are darling and that is one dashing husband :) seeing stuff like this makes me homesick and so wishing I was close! soon enough soon enough :) love you

5-against-1 said...

Cute pictures!!! Looks like fun! I am glad summer is here too!