Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A Test

We really want to take the kids camping this summer, but are nervous. So, we did a trial run in our back yard.



Aaron and I got a couple hours sleep.....pretty much the worst sleep ever! The kids slept all the way through the night without as much as a peep. That's what you get when you make sure they will be warm enough so you give them all the blankets and the warm sleeping bags. We froze and were terribly uncomfortable. But atleast we know that they can handle the outdoors. Figures!

8 comments:

Amy said...

We went camping last weekend at Shaver Lake and the same thing happened to us! We were freezing cold all night and kept waking up checking on Bella. She was fine and slept through the night. HA! :D

Jill T said...

The things we do for our kids! :) Glad they slept well...

And I loved the wedding post. How awesome to have your whole family there together. What a special day for your parents. And you are one photo/videogenic girl. You always look good in front of the camera...singing and dancing and all!

Richins Family said...

fuuuuuuuuuuuun :) you guys should go :)

Cali and Travis said...

Oh man, you're a way better parent than I am. Gideon was not even 3 months old when I took him camping for the first time. It was also the first times he ever slept 8+ hours through the night. It was amazing. And he's LOVED camping ever since!

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

Were you practicing so you could come visit us in Sun Valley?! We have a spot for you! And if you get cold you can always come in the trailer! It sleeps 10!! :)

REALLY!!

Saun and Wes said...

You guys are hard core. Good to see everything worked out. Lets plan a camping trip. We like to go up Diamond Fork or wherever. Lets plan a trip this summer.

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

You turkey! I can't believe you are coming up! We were supposed to go to Bear Lake that weekend. I am not sure what the dates are for sure. Ry is working it all out with his brother. I know it is the weekend of the 22nd. I will let you know for sure!

Otherwise...oh YEAH! We would LOVE some Lombardo time! :)

Oh, by the way, guess who is in my ward and a very good friend of mine....NICOLE GREEN! Last night we were talking about blogs and getting to know families before you actually meet them. I mentioned the first time I met Aaron. I told my friends about my cute friend Melissa Lombardo and she said, "HOW DO YOU KNOW MELISSA LOMBARDO??" Turns out she was in your ward and just a street away! SMALL WORLD!

Zanny said...

That's awesome! I hope the real thing goes better, though. Parents need their sleep!!!