Tuesday, July 20, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things

Painting random rocks with the kids. (Hannah loves this activity)


Arranging Dead flowers from our garden. (They may not look dead, but they are. We enjoyed looking at them none the less. Again, this was Hannah's idea.)


Dutch Oven Cooking - In the Mountains!
Exploring


Getting filthy!


Climging Rocks


We nearly licked the bowl clean. So yummy!


Little side note. The following video is of Hannah singing a song I sing to the kids a lot before they fall asleep. One night, Hannah started singing it to me. I didn't know that she knew it all by herself. Deffinately, one of my favorite things!

These are the words to the song:
I have a family here on earth. They are so good to me. I want to share my life with them through all eternity. Families can be together forever, through Heavenly Father's plan. I always want to be with my own family. And the Lord has shown me how I can. The Lord has shown me how I can.

And lastly, we took a drive up the Alpine Loop. Aaron had never done it before. The Alpine Loop is a beautiful, scenic drive up one canyon and then you come down another. This just happens to be favorite because I love Sundance! Sundance is where Robert Redford lives and he's made a beautiful little retreat up there. It is where Aaron and I had our engagement pictures taken SEVEN years ago! Seems like yesterday really.

This is a little abandoned outdoor theater. The kids had a ball running around on this thing.




I love everything about this place.


This pond was full or trout.


Happy Times!

3 comments:

Richins Family said...

soo cute melv :) i miss you and your kids like crazy. ps aaron looks dashing in that last picture :)

Jill T said...

Hannah is a good little singer! And cute how Abigail went and stood next to her.

I love the mountains too. We need to get up there more often!

Andy, Beth and Jennah, too! said...

Oh my cuteness! You guys are such wonderful parents!!! Your girls are darling! I LOVE how Abigail wanted to stand next to her big sister and be just like her... someday, when they're arguing, just whip out this video and put it on repeat.