Wednesday, February 18, 2009

52 Blessings/ Week 7: Heroes

So, my title for this week is in part dedicated to two very special mothers who are AMAZING women! I sure hope they don't mind me sharing them a little. April and Amy are two of the most Christlike people I've ever known. The funny thing is, I've only actually been in their presence a handful of times. We bought our first home from April and her husband. They now live in Idaho, so we don't see them, but we've kept in touch. April inspires me to be a better wife and mom. She lives her life to the fullest and has a true understanding of the purpose of life. She is a gift to so many. Reading her blog each week is humbling beyond belief and touching to the point of tears. Aaron can always tell when I've been reading April's or Amy's blog.

My sweet friend Amy is the wife of an Elder who served as an assistant to my father when we lived in Oregon. She married a great man, but I think he married an AMAZING woman! Amy has a sense of humor that is so fun! For those of you who know what I mean by a yellow personality, that is Amy! She too lives in Idaho (what is it with Idaho women?) So I never see her either, but reading her blog does the same for me that April's does. Amy and Ryan face challenges and meet them head on because they have complete trust in the Lord. These two women inspire me so much. When I'm having a bad day or particularly bad day with my children, all I have to do is think of one of these dear sisters and I am quickly grateful for my children and for the blessing and privilege it is to be "their mama", as April would say.

So Ladies, I dedicate this weeks blessing to you and thank you for being a part of my life.

4 comments:

The Brugger Bunch said...

Wow, oh my heavens, THANK YOU~ What kind and sweet words my friend. I am not sure if I am that deserving of them, but you truly made my day! Meeting you and your sweet family has been such a wonderful blessing to us, and I have never felt that it was "Chance" when we met. Thank you my friend, for we feel the same way about you!

5 little speckled frogs said...

Melissa, now I want to read their blogs too! You're so sweet - I want to be more like you.

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

MELISSA! Oh my! I am sorry I am a little behind on checking blogs this week. I hope to have a post up explaining why today.

You my friend are a shining example to me. I hope you know that. There is just something about you that left a HUGE impression on me. You are such an angel!

I remember seeing you at Home Depot and going home to tell Ryan that I just want to be around you all the time. You have such a great energy and I love it!

Thanks for your sweet words...I will try to live worthy of them! :) Love yoU!

Diane said...

You have such a great blog! :)

You have been tagged by me

go to my blog for the rules :)