Monday, February 2, 2009

Baby Blessing


Yesterday, Aaron blessed Abigail. She is such a sweet little baby and Aaron gave her a beautiful blessing. I'm grateful that my family was able to be there. Standing in the circle was: Aaron, my Dad, Trent, Travis, Tyson, Mike, Jeff Nielson, and John Whitehead (he was the missionary who taught Aaron the gospel 12 years ago).
A friend was thoughtful enough to write down some of what Aaron said in the blessing and gave it to me afterwards. This is what she recorded.

*Father We ask thee to bless this child with strength and health throughout her days
*Endow her with courage of heart and strength to carry the mantel as she shares the gospel.
*Endow her with an understanding of the teachings of the gospel.
*Bless her as she learns and accepts the principals of the gospel.
*Help her to abide by the principles we teach her.
*We plead with thee Father to protect her and keep her from harm.
*Help us look after her in this world and keep her safe.
*We love thee Father and are grateful for this child.
*Bless her to be a light and guide to those seeking the gospel truth.

I feel so privileged to be my childrens mother. I feel that they are choice spirits of our Heavenly Father. I am humbled beyond words to be their mom. I feel the great responsibility everyday, to teach and nurture them.

4 comments:

roamingjones said...

That's a beautiful blessing. She's a lucky girl to have such great parents.

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

I love that your friend did that for you! I wouldn't have ever thought of it until a friend of mine did it for us at Mal & D's blessing. It was great to have!

You are such a sweet Mom! I totally love that you have a blog so I can LEARN SO MUCH from YOU!

raising4boys said...

What a beautiful picture of your sweet baby girl! Such a special day for you both! I had someone write down Eric's baby blessing too and what a special gift it was.

Anonymous said...

I love baby blessings. What beautiful words from fathers to their children. My mom wrote down my first 2 boys and a friend wrote down Bret's. I love to go back and read them.
Abigail looks absolutely beautiful in her blessing dress.
Congrats on the special day.