Monday, February 23, 2009

Goodbye 20's.....

Hello 30's!!!!! I dare say, that my 30th birthday was my very best one so far! I wasn't expecting much, but Aaron went all out to make it the most memorable birthday ever! The day started out with going as a family to the Draper Temple open house.

Wow! It was incredible! This is the first open house I've ever been to, so it was such a special thing for me to be with my husband and children. Hannah kept saying "we're going to Jesus's house", to everyone she saw. We got to ride a bus up to the temple and that was most exciting for a 3 year old. The temple was stunningly beautiful. 5 million+ people are expected to come through the open house. It took us 3 hours to go through it due to the volume of people there that day. There is such a peace and serenity found in the House of the Lord and even with so many people, the reverence could almost be cut with a knife. It was wonderful!

So, on our way home Aaron said, "when we get home, go change because you have to go pick up Suzanna". Suzanna is my dear friend. So off I went to pick her up. We went out for ice cream and then back to my house we went. She stayed with our kids while Aaron and I went out to dinner and Trafalga's! Yahoo!!! Ok, so Trafalga's is a special place for us because it was our first date. It was so fun to feel like a kid again. We went to eat at Panda Express (yum!) and then hit the video arcades and race cars.
Aaron beat me by one point at Air Hockey, but I wooped him on the race track! LOL





It was so much fun to be at Trafalga's again. It was our first time back since that first date over 5 years ago. Hooray for that date! :o)

We needed to head back home since I had been gone from Abigail for over 3 hours. I was so worried that I'd walk in to a screaming baby and a very exhausted friend (she was watching my 3 plus her 2 kids.....5 kids 4 years old and younger....what a great friend) but what did I walk in on instead.........






I was soooo surprised! Aaron had me so fooled all day with planning little surprises for me that I really didn't expect a surprise party. It was so fun! The rest of the shots are just random pictures I took of the kids. They had a GREAT time as well! All I can say, is I feel like the luckiest girl in the world to be married to such a thoughtful and loving man and to have friends and family that also are so wonderful! Thanks to all who helped plan the best birthday ever!!!



This is too funny! One of the kids took a bite out of the candle. Hmmmm....





9 comments:

Zanny said...

Happy Birthday, Friend!

Wendy said...

Looks like so much fun! I am glad you had the best day!!

Jennie said...

Hey girl, happy birthday! Welcome to the 30's!

Andy, Beth and Jennah, too! said...

aren't the thirties the best!?! Happy Birthday!!! So glad that Aaron made it so special for you!!

Lori said...

WOW!! Happy Birthday! That looked like a lot of fun.

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Birthday--good to hear that your 30th was so wonderful. I'm a little nervous about mine coming up in May--I feel like I will officially be a grown up. (You think I would have felt that way having 3 kids.)

The Brugger Bunch said...

Happy Birthday, my friend!~ What an amazing day! I LOVE all the special surprises that your sweet husband had in store! What a great guy! You truly deserve every single second of it!

Juli said...

That is sooo cute! What fun! Happy belated b-day!

Jack and Heidi Shiner said...

How fun!!!! You deserved the best birthday ever, so I am glad it was so memorable. Miss you guys, and happy birthday.