These two love birds have been married for 50 years today! Wowza! That is something to celebrate! and we did!! Their 9 children threw them a celebration party to remember. Thanks to my sister, Susan, who organized the whole thing, it was a wonderful evening and tribute to these wonderful people. There was over 150 people flowing in and out that evening to congratulate my parents on this feat, but more than that, these people came to show their love and support to mom and dad for touching their lives. Sometimes I forget just how influential my parents are. It would be impossible to list the number of people they've helped and blessed. They are dearly loved and Friday night was just another reminder of that.
We honored them with a program of a timeline of their life together. Each of us kids read a part of their life history. They sure have done a lot and experienced some amazing things during their marriage. Theirs is like any marriage full of ups and downs, joy and sorrow, accomplishments and mistakes. They are a tremendous example to their offspring. Perfect, no. They are not perfect. But boy oh boy, they sure have done so many things right in their life and marriage. During the program, the 9 of us sang the song, "Love at Home". It was a staple in our home each Monday night for Family Home Evening. It was one of dad's favorites. It was difficult to sing without crying since so many memories flooded each of us in different ways because of that song.
I'm grateful to these two people for braving 9 children, and now 28+ grandchildren. I'm grateful for the commitment they have to each other. I'm grateful for their example of marriage, partnership, and hard work. I'm most grateful for their example in their testimony of Jesus Christ and for making Him a vital part of our family to learn and study Him.
Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad. I love you both so much!
Mom and Dad's 9 children
Mom and Dad's posterity



No comments:
Post a Comment