Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Jane Eyre

I believe I've started this book a dozen times in my life. Three different guys have given me this book in hopes to swoon me over (can you believe that). Somewhere in this house I have two more copies of it. How could a girl who's name is Melissa Jane Eyre never have read this book? I'll tell you why.....I'd fall fast asleep the moment I opened it's pages. I COULD NOT get past the first couple chapters!

My oh my, I was really missing out. At 32 years old I am so very happy to say I've read "Jane Eyre". Not only did I read it, but I LOVED it! And although, despite what many believed that my parents named me after this book, it was just a very fortunate coincidence that my last name was Eyre. That said, it is one of my moms favorites and now I can finally understand why. So Good!

1 comment:

Cali and Travis said...

I think that was one of the first things I ever said to you. On the train back to Barendrecht I asked what your middle name was and when you told me I said, "Like the book, Jane Eyre?" And you said yes. I guess I didn't realize at that point you hadn't ever read it. How funny! Well glad you've finally joined the club now. Love you tons babe!