
It is a beautiful, snowy day in Eagle Mountain. Peaceful and quiet. I love this kind of day. Love to stay inside my warm house and look out on the new fallen snow. Last night we learned of President Hinckley's passing away. My initial reaction was one of shock, then came a tremendous joy for him that he is now with his beloved Marjorie again. This morning I have been fighting the tears however, as I realize that he is no longer with us. I've been flooded with memories as I've heard others speak about him today. I know he was a true Prophet of God and know that he is with Him now. He was the prophet for most of my life and although I never met him in person, I knew him well and loved him so much. He was an example of utmost kindness and charity. He and his wife have set a standard of marriage that Aaron and I strive to follow. He's taught us the power of forgiveness, and the joy of living the gospel of Jesus Christ. I've always admired his humble manner, zest for life, and love for the children of God. I loved him dearly and will miss him all the days of my life. The link below is a dedication to President Hinckley.
5 comments:
Well put. We miss you guys...
i felt the same way when I first heard. what a wonderful reunion up with his sweetheart. but yet, sad to know that we will miss his love, kindness, and sense of humor.
Melissa! Soooo good to hear from you! How the heck are ya? Where are you guys living these days? I would love to keep in touch. I am coming for a visit to UT in April so I'll have to let you know the dates. Good luck with the Triathalon- you look GREAT!
Ah, mijn lieve groentje. The simple joys that come from blog hopping and finding people you thought you lost. I had no idea you were back in Utah, or that you'd had a second child. Congratulations! You look fantastic and I'm glad to know that you're doing well. Meanwhile, in Idaho (visit my blog or email me for more)......
REading that makes me tear up. I will miss him. What a mark to strive for.
Post a Comment