I'm a fan of new starts. New goals. New adventures. Starting over. Yes! 2013 was a pretty great year overall for us. Highlight of course was giving birth to Holland and having her apart of our family. She is the perfect medicine for me. The calm I needed in my life.
Aaron and I both are goal oriented people. We write them down and look at them often to keep ourselves in check. We've been able to check quite a few of our personal goals off the list. For FHE this week we talked to the kids about goals and asked if they wanted to set a goal to work on this year. We encouraged their goal to be something that was in line with our family motto: Live to Serve, Learn to Achieve, Listen to Love. This is what they decided.
Hannah - "To serve Nathan so my relationship with him will be stronger".
Nathan - "Exercise and run in a race with dad".
Abigail - "Learn to ride my bike without training wheels".
I was pretty pleased with their choices. And they were their choices.
I have a slew of goals for myself. Most of them have to do with homeschooling and reading and becoming a better mentor for my children. I'm taking a reading and writing class this semester at our Family Leadership Academy. Our first assignment is Cymbeline by Shakespeare. I read a plot summary and was totally lost, soooo it should be a good challenge for me.
Here's to a great 2014!
No comments:
Post a Comment