Wednesday, December 25, 2013

My Favorite Part of the Christmas Season

(FYI: this is going to be the longest post in America!)

I've been thinking all day what I loved most about today? Then I realized there's been a whole bunch of things that have been my favorite things this month.

We made Christmas gifts for the kids friends out of their old, crushed crayons. Perfect way to recycle and 100% free!
Aaron read books to the kids and he's about 1000x's better than I am with voices. Even I can't help but to be totally pulled in.
Celebrating cousins birthdays. In this case it was Eliza's. And this is pretty much how pictures look when we try to get 18 month olds in them.
Our beloved fairies returned this year as usual. Hannah was practicing her close up shots of them. And also of our wall of Christmas cards at the beginning of the month.


I caught some first smiles of this cutie!
And I tried really hard not to be too sad when Abby got her first "real" haircut to even out some lovely bangs that Nathan didn't quite get right.
Insert the word "wee" in this next picture by an adorable 19 month old little stinker!
And go ahead and stare all day and imagine kissing this little angel, because I sure can't get enough of her!
The fist day of Winter break from school, Susan, Me, and Mom took the kids to see "Frozen". Um, it's pretty much adorable, but not nearly as darling as when Hannah started singing right along to the theme song in full voice! She kills me!
December wouldn't be December without Grandma's cookie party. I LOVE to see the kids creativity as they decorate those cookies.




I'm more thankful all the time for my parents gentle way of instilling in my kids what really matters at Christmas time. Here's my dad reading a story about President Monson when he was a young boy and the lesson he learned about giving.



I relish in my kids art and their love of expressing themselves in this way.
And today was just about as perfect a day as a day could be. The kids woke up, were totally and completely amazed by the Santa picture we captured last night and bouncing off the wall with excitement at all of their presents. Even though we got little to no sleep last night, we were bright eyed because of their excitement.






And even though Aaron spoils me every year and always goes WAY OVER BUDGET on gifts for me (which of course I secretly love), my favorite gift was given to me from Hannah because it was truly made from her heart. Do I really deserve her love? She asked me many times during the day if I really do like it. If she only really knew how much I do! (I had to crop this picture of me because well, it was just a bad picture). 
We had a relaxing morning. The kids played with their knew toys while I made our traditional Christmas breakfast of Egg-ala- golden-rod. Yum!
Aaron's favorite gift were these HOT jammies from his grandma. The kids were truly confused! I LOVE them!
I don't think any of us changed out of our pajama's until the late afternoon. Aaron was busy putting on puppet plays and target shooting.

And Joe spent most of his day on his tractor saying "bye" to me and blowing me kisses. Seriously? Melt.My.Heart.

At one point during the day I got emotional as I realize how blessed I am. I have this man who I love fiercely and he loves me equally in return. My children are beautiful and thankful. We have been given much and I'm humbled by our blessings. We aren't without trials, that's for sure, but we are buoyed up by our Savior. I've been touched this month as I listened to beautiful renditions of Christmas music and watched Christmas movies that had a purpose to draw me closer to God.
So I don't have a favorite part of Christmas this year. I loved it all.

No comments: