Thursday, November 7, 2013

The Day I Became a Mom

8 years ago today I became a mom. It kind of scares me to think how fast these past 8 years have flown by. Maybe sad is a better word. In 10 more years Hannah could leave our home and that is truly something to make me sad if I think about it. But she will someday leave our home and make this world a better place. As parents, we are all biased. We think our kid is the very best! I am no exception. Hannah is exceptional. I marvel at the young lady she is turning into. She is choice! I remember my mom telling me long before I was married or had my first baby, that I would never be able to understand just how much she and my dad love me until I have a child of my own. I understand that perfectly now.

8 is a pretty important age in our faith. Hannah gets to be baptized a member of our church at the end of the month. She's been talking about it for months. She's attended several of her friends baptisms. It's finally her turn and she is so excited! She's prepared. She loves the Lord. She truly does always aim to choose the right. She's quick to forgive and quick to say "I'm sorry". She loves me and her daddy fiercely. If she disappoints me, the tears are quick to follow; she feels so bad. She is well loved by her many friends. She is bright and determined to learn. She's somewhat of a perfectionist, which I hope will bless her all of her life. She is a phenomenal older sister. She has incredible faith and knows God hears and answers her prayers. She is obedient. She is super fun! She has a contagious laugh. She is her Grandma Lombardo's sweet pea, and her daddy's little sweetheart. She is all girl. She is beautiful inside and out. She is a blessing in our lives. She is deeply loved!



 Hannah with her namesake



Happy Birthday sweet Hannah! At 8 years old you wanted to go shopping for new clothes and have some "alone time" with just me. Dad surprised you with a date when he got home from work. You got all dressed up and asked me to curl your hair and put lipstick on you...all for ice cream with your daddy. Too cute!

No comments: