I wasn't sure if I would be up for throwing a party for Hannah this year. I really wanted to since this is a big birthday, but I knew I'd have a newborn baby and wasn't sure if I'd be up for it. So when I decided I could have a party for her, Hannah was thrilled!!! Then, the anxiety began. I asked Hannah to make a list of friends she wanted to invite. I saw her write down a couple of names. Then my heart just broke. She was struggling to think of "friends". This little girl had so many cute little friends in the first grade, with no problem whatsoever. Now that we home school, she no longer keeps in touch with those girls and there aren't too many girls in the neighborhood her age either. We decided to ask some of the girls at the school we go to on Mondays, Family Leadership Academy. Her list of 8 or 9 quickly turned into 19 or 20. She even found the house of one of her friends from 1st grade and was able to invite her. It was the cutest little reunion of all. So, in the middle of the week I called Aaron at work crying pretty good telling him that Hannah's party just went from 9 girls (manageable for me) to 19 (totally and completely insane for me). Aaron assured me he could help me and quickly I felt a lot better. Then a couple of moms offered to stay and help as well. It was going to be okay. In the end, only 14 girls came and Hannah was in complete and total heaven! It was all worth it.
The girls making fancy dresses out of toilet paper.
Aaron blowing up a balloon until it pops. 14 screaming girls is very loud!
Balloon game on the trampoline
All the girls
Hannah and Grace
Hannah got hurt on the trampoline. Daddy to the rescue!
Hannah and Alaya, her friend from first grade.
I'm so glad Hannah got a party. I'm
SOOO glad Aaron was here. He made the party fun. I'm so glad the party is over! :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment