I've always been referred to as spunky. Aaron says that's one of the things he loved about me from the start. I've never been afraid to stand alone and have had to in my life at times. I'm a firm believer in standing up for what I know is right, true, and good. Fortunately, I married a man who is very similar in this regard. We are both very strong minded; strong opinionated people. It gets us in trouble sometimes. But more than that, our offspring has inherited some pretty intense spunk which has been pretty humbling for us. Each of them can be intense in their own right. Some more than others, but they all have it. Teaching them to channel their intensity/spunk requires patience on our part.
So when I saw this note taped to Hannah's door, it actually made me smile. This was her attempt to control her emotions, in her own space, and for her it works.
I will have to save a post for the many, MANY things I absolutely LOVE about this girl. I count her as one of my greatest blessings. There isn't a day that goes by that I'm not so grateful for all that she does to help me. Spunk and all, she's pretty darn special!
No comments:
Post a Comment