The news is full of stories of people in need. Local food banks that don't have enough food. Homeless shelters that are full to capacity. Makes me so sad and so grateful at the same time. I was talking to my mother in law the other day about how we give gifts to our neighbors each year. And each year it is a stress. I love my neighbors dearly. I feel so blessed to be surrounded by outstanding people who serve us and love us, but I am not gonna lie, Christmas gifts to my neighbors stresses me out. One, because my list of who to give to keeps growing each year, and two it's an added cost that can be somewhat burdensome. So when my sister told me that someone in her ward told her that she moved from an area where they didn't give neighbor gifts, but instead each family donated money to the food bank, I LOVED it! Something we could do that would actually make a difference to someone who truly needs it. When I suggested it to a few people in my neighborhood, they all loved it and felt the same as I do.
I'm so looking forward to taking the money down to the food bank next week. I want my kids to see how blessed we are and how important it is to help others in need. After all, isn't that what Christmas really is about?

No comments:
Post a Comment