Thursday, August 23, 2012

It's happened

I've known we probably wouldn't escape it. There seemed to be ample opportunity for it to happen. I tried to predict how I would react when indeed it would happen. Today it finally happened. Nathan cut the hair of a cute neighbor girl. I should have known since I did know they were playing barber shop, but I had no idea that he even had scissors. And when he came to me and said that Mara needed a hair cut, I immediately said, "Oh no. Please tell me you didn't really cut her hair".  To my horror, he did. This picture doesn't show just how much he cut off.
Fortunately I think it's fixable. And thankfully, I didn't blow up! In fact, it was pretty hard to get too mad at Nathan since he really had no idea that this was wrong to do. When I told him that we never ever ever ever cut someone else's hair, I could see the weight bear down on him and he felt so bad. When I called Mara's mom to tell her that her daughters struggle to get her hair to the length it was, might need a bit of a hair cut to even it up, she was all laughs. What a good friend. "Hair grows" she said.

The most surprising thing about all of this was that it was Nathan. I really thought this would be Abigail's doing. Still could be I guess. Knock on wood.

No comments: