You know the phrase, "Patience is a virtue". Well, it's not one of mine by nature but one I work hard to become. I'm sitting here with a bowl full of ice cream that I don't really want, although it sounded good when I was dishing it up. It's pretty much all melted now. I'm trying to be patient for this little guy to come. I've been unbelievably miserable the last couple days. Last night was probably my worst nights sleep thus far. I'm so blasted tired. Poor Aaron doesn't get much sleep on my sleepless nights either and he was up at 5:00 this morning to start his day. He's so good to help make me comfortable until the kids get up. He knows the early morning is when I sleep best. My eye balls are on fire because all they want is for me to close them and drift off to dream land, but my aching back is 100x's worse the second I lay down.
I was beyond ornery yesterday. It seemed like every step I took was more effort than my body was able to put out. Therefore, I had zero, and I mean zero tolerance for any behavior issues from my children. They were never so happy when Aaron came home and promised to take them to the pool, which just opened. I'm so grateful they have him in these last few weeks of my pregnancy.
I think I've been suffering from heartburn in the pregnancy as well. I've never had heartburn before so I don't know for sure if that is what it is, but I have a constant ache in my heart area, or have this last trimester. I keep meaning to buy some tums or something, but never remember when I'm at the store.
I can't bear the thought that little Joe might really wait until his due date to come. He's just gotta surprise us and come today, or tonight. I'd even be okay with tomorrow.
Trying to find things to keep from boredom.
2 comments:
Go get a prenatal massage!
... speaking of patience... I think it's funny that you posted this 4 days ago. I read your message minutes after you typed it and have been checking back every day since to see if Little Joe has arrived! Each time I open your blog I've been reminded about patience - a virtue I am striving to have more of, as well.
I've been thinking about you and your clan. Those last days of pregnancy and first days with a new baby are emotional and exhausting - but TOTALLY worth it!
Post a Comment