Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Graduations

Goodness gracious, I had no idea how busy life could be at the end of a school year. So happy that I was able to see both of my kids graduations. Between sickness and a hefty belly, we made it. I'm so grateful. That said, Aaron and I are probably the only two parents who think Kindergarten graduation is a little silly. But, of course we didn't want to miss it and I know it meant a lot to Hannah as well. Nate's graduation was adorable and hilarious! Those kids are such a riot to watch and Nathan was in true form. He and two other boys sang a cute little song about yelling and screaming to get attention if you're in trouble. Nathan practiced it a lot and his teacher put him in the middle because he was so good about getting all the words out and not just the screaming part. Boy oh boy, did that kid like the attention and not want to share it with the other two boys though.



 Nate enjoyed dancing as much as he did singing



 The wonderful Ms. Tecia. She is a miracle worker and Nathan adores her.


Hannah's graduation was cute too. She had such a good year in Kindergarten and I was so pleased with her progress all year long. I enjoyed volunteering each Friday and seeing her in class. She made lots of cute friends and her teacher said she was a friend to all. She really progressed in her reading and always loved when they would do any kind of craft, which was almost daily.



With 7 kindergarten classes this year, it's pretty impressive what those teachers are able to accomplish. Mrs Rico was great for Hannah. The perfect balance of sensitivity, but helped her to stretch and grow too.

I still was not on top of my game today so I regret that I didn't get any pictures of just Hannah with her teacher or with her cousin Grace, or just simply of her. She looked darling and was happy to show off some of her accomplishments this year too. I know she will miss school over the summer and some of the cute kids she made friends with.

Abby keeping it real.
I for one am looking forward to a low key summer and hope we can find enough to do to keep from boredom, but also enjoy some lazy summer days.

No comments: