Saturday, February 11, 2012

Thankful Saturdays 2/11

I haven't written what I am thankful for in a while and this morning I have a slew of things I'm thankful for so I want to write them down before I forget. :o)

- I am thankful for good health. Winter time always brings sickness and we've been relatively healthy considering all the junk that seems to keep circling around the ward/school/neighborhood. That said, we've also enjoyed our small share of the sniffles and coughs to remind us to be grateful.

- I am thankful for a couple of blogs I follow closely. They share such great and uplifting experiences regarding motherhood, God, education, things that really matter. They also aren't afraid to share things that are hard too and therefore I feel I can relate to them better. In short, they inspire me to be a better mom, wife, daughter of God, and friend.

- I am thankful for sacrifice. A book I recently read ("To Destroy You is no Loss") has left a lasting impact on me. I wish everyone would read it. It is life changing.

-  I am thankful for the month of February. It's my birthday month, many of my friends birthday are this month as well. I also love to focus on things we love about those we love.

- I am thankful for the comforts of my life. For two running cars, a furnace to heat my home, plenty of clothes to keep us warm, for our food storage which I've been making good use of lately, and the freedom to make our life as good as we want.

- I am thankful for my calling in Primary. I really love working with the children of the ward. I am touched by the simple gospel that teaches profound truths to all ages.

- I am thankful to my sisters who lighten my load by taking their time out to visit with me. We laugh a lot when we do this and although we don't get together very often, I always enjoy when I'm with them. I also love the deep discussions we get into regarding all kinds of stuff.

- I am thankful this winter has been so mild. My kids have played outside nearly all winter long so far. I too have enjoyed the fresh air more than usual at this time of year.

- I am thankful for the gifts and talents God has given me to bless my family and others around me.

No comments: