Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Love and Hearts

I LOVE that we have a day set aside to recognize those we LOVE. To pay them special attention and to show our LOVE to them and to receive their LOVE as well. The kids are no dummies and know that when there's a holiday there's going to be lots of goodies and fun activities. So, my LOVE and I woke up together and made the kids heart shaped pancakes and to die for syrup to top them. Yum!

I had so much fun helping out in Hannah's class today for her Valentines Party. There are some pretty darn cute kids in her class. Now, it is a well known fact that Valentine boxes are a big deal in the public schools. I am no good with crafty stuff, so I left that task up to Hannah's pops. He's the creative one. I was so impressed with some of the boxes I saw today. Like this one:
Or this one:
And look at this little clever thing:
Too cute. Well, you haven't seen anything yet. Look at what Aaron whipped up for his little girl.
Pretty impressive huh? I laughed out loud when he showed me. Apparently they don't make Valentine Boxes in schools in California. He's never made one before and had no idea the stiff competition he's up against in our neck of the woods. I told him this would suffice for Kindergarten, but he has to step it way up for next year. Hannah didn't care. She loved her box just the same. And come to find out, her class didn't even participate in boxes. They decorated their own paper bags. I think that's a perfect idea!
There was a darling heart shaped braid in one of Hannah's classmates hair. She was ever so kind to let me take a picture of it. Especially since I tried and tried to do a heart in Hannah's hair this morning and couldn't make it work. Next year I will try this.
Hannah in action.

We continued our LOVE party with our traditional heart shaped pizza and some goodies for my LOVE.

It never disappoints! Poor Nathan spent much of his day like this,
After writing in my previous post about how grateful I am for good health, Nate was nailed with a horrible cough and high fever. He didn't get to enjoy much today, but we've got plenty of LOVE to shower him with when he's feeling better.

As much as I love these munchkins, it's my Valentine that I LOVE so much. I found the perfect quote that sums up exactly Aaron.
And he is; quite perfect for me.

1 comment:

Cali and Travis said...

You are such a good mom (and wife and friend of course.) My poor kids just got little conversation hearts and some chocolates for Valentine's Day from me.