Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Winding Down

We have had a very full and fun summer. One of the fun things we've done is have a picnic in a different park every Wednesday. Wowzers! we have a lot of great parks near by! The kids have loved this and so have I. We've done everything from just your basic park with a play ground, to ones with a splash park, and even one that had a creek running through it. It's been so fun! Today's park had a great hill so we threw out a slip and slide. Boy oh boy those kids were in heaven! Nathan got hurt twice so his fun ended far too soon today, but Hannah and Grace (her cousin) could have done this all day.

I thought it was so cute that they would hold hands running back up the hill.
Nathan found safer fun on the playground with his buddies. Abigail was perfectly content to watch the kids this time.
Other things as of late have been: Hannah was stung 3 times by wasps, one right after the other. I too got stung twice by them. Aaron went on a killer bee rampage! It was a horrible experience.
Abigail got a new bed and she is happy to have a big girl bed now. (she is doing perfect in it. Yea!)
Nathan is adorable to me lately. I can't get enough of him......especially when he's in a good mood.
(Aaron made this cute bench for the kids and I LOVE it!)
We have a few things left to do before school starts up again. It has been a great summer!

No comments: