Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Little Boys



It's too bad that this is such a poor quality picture of Nathan because I sure think it's a cute one of him. His beloved blankie has been M.I.A. for the past 3 nights. He hasn't complained once. I never thought this day would come. In reality, I'm actually kinda sad. The blankie somehow tricks my mind into believeing he's still my little boy. The fact that he hasn't cried or even asked for it means he must be getting big! And despite all the hardships we've endured together in his short 4 years of life, (mainly just that 3rd year of his life) I'm wishing he'd just stay little for a little bit longer.  Hopefully he won't outgrow his love for wanting to be wherever I am. Hopefully he won't outgrow his love of wanting me first thing in the morning. Hopefully he won't outgrow his complete devastation when he has disappointed me. And hopefully, I won't ever forget just how much I love this little guy right now.

Some of his latest funny things:
- Me: "Nathan, when did you get so big"?
  Nate: "Friday" everything is friday to him
- Me: "Did you sleep good last night"?
  Nate: "yes, Father says yes". This one took me a while to figure out, but whenever Nate says "Father" he    
  is referring to Heavenly Father.
- Nate came in my room early this morning all wet to which he said, "I didn't wet the bed. Santa gave me some candy and it made me wet".

I sure love the way his little mind thinks.

No comments: