So very last minute, I threw together a little surprise party on Aaron's last day of Ivory. I need to explain myself to all of our family who is learning about this through my blog. Aaron does have work. We will still have income and benefits. We understand the tremendous blessing it was to have employment with such a great company and were very thankful for the security it offered. There will still be security, but there will also be potential for financial growth as well as ownership, which is what Aaron has always wanted. So, there you have it. Please don't worry about us. We are in a good place and have been preparing for this for several months.
I did hesitate to throw a party to celebrate quiting a job when so many have lost jobs and are still without work, so I kept this very low key, inviting only some family members and close friends. I do not want to give the impression that we were at all ungrateful for Aaron's employment with Ivory. We simply wanted to celebrate that he will be with us much more now. And that is something to really celebrate!
Like I said, it was thrown together quickly. Thank you Suzanna for making the yummy cake! and to everyone who was able to come. He was truly surprised!
2 comments:
HOORAY AARON :) We're so happy for you! love you guys!
lol, Mel. You crack me up!!
Post a Comment