Monday, April 18, 2011

Thinking

The last few days have been so great. It helps that the weather has been so nice. We spent most of our Saturday outside doing yard work, planting our garden, playing in water (the kids anyway). It was such a nice day.

Sunday I spent a lot of time thinking. It was ward conference. I had a meeting before church with the Stake Primary Presidency. They are such great women. I really feel blessed to rub shoulders with them from time to time. And I'm really blessed to rub shoulders with our own ward Primary Presidency leaders. They are such great gals. We are all so very different and I think that's why I enjoy being with them so much. They've become good friends.

Sunday afternoon was spent enjoying the beautiful spring day, playing with our new chicks.....that all got named yesterday as well. Nathan's chick is Ninight (that is Nate's way of saying midnight, so we thought we'd honor the way he says it and call her Ninight). Hannah's is Bo and Abigail's is Spike. I realize that none of these names are very feminine. They are cute and we are having fun with them. So much fun, that we are going to get two more so Aaron and I can have our own as well. Are we crazy? Probably.

My kids are growing up so quickly. We are at a good time in our lives. Nathan seems to be over his difficult stage. He has been unbelievably sweet, fun, good natured, and grown up lately. I am loving it. Abigail has taken a little turn, not for the worse or better necessarily, just a turn. She is super clingy to me and wants me to hold her every chance I can. It's inconvenient sometimes, but for the most part I concede because after all she is my baby and she too is growing up so fast. Hannah is so smart. Sometimes too smart for her own good. She is clever, witty, and my best helper. I'm hard on her sometimes. Makes me sad when I realize just how much I ask/expect of her. I've been trying to let her be little more lately. She has an unbelievable imagination that is soooo fun to sneak in and watch her play "pretend". I've got to get it on camera. The things that come out of her mouth leave my jaw dropped. She is a hoot!

Aaron is loving his new job. He was home for dinner with us 4 nights last week. I am a happy wife. I hadn't realized just how stressed he was working for Ivory and what a blessing change can be in ones life. I really really love this man. He is so very good to me and the kids. Life is really good right now.

1 comment:

5-against-1 said...

So happy that you are happy! I am glad your hubby is home more to spend time with his cute little family! I hope everything works out the way you want it to.