Friday, January 7, 2011

Lifers

Do you have friends since your infancy? I have two and another that has been a friend since I was 12. Meet Michelle, Kiersten, and Sam. I love these girls. We see eachother once a year and oh how I look forward to that night every year. We were the last to leave Olive Garden last night and I still didn't want to leave. We laugh, we reminisce, we catch up, we've cried (not this year thank goodness!). It's just so much fun! These 3 are beautiful women. They've always been great examples to me. So, let me brag about each one of them just a little.

Sam: (far left) is the best friend anyone could have. She is really there for ya. And once you have her as a friend, you're stuck! but in a good way. She is fiercly loyal. Such a great quality.
Kiersten: (next to me) is just sweet. She is the mother of 3 adorable children, whom they adopted, and is pregnant with her first child. She has courage and strength and I so admire her attitude about life in general.
Michelle: (with the baby) Just moved back to Utah from Oregon. She now lives only 15 minutes away from me! Yea!!! I love this girl. We used to share a pair of her jeans when we were in middle school that I loved. She used to rub my feet and to this day, may be the very best foot rubber in the world! She is SUCH a great mother! I had the pleasure of staying with her and her family in Oregon a couple years ago and see her in action. I came home so impressed and applying some of the things she does with her children, to my own. She's fabulous!

These are my lifers. Friends my whole life so far and friends for the rest no doubt.

1 comment:

Mrs. Pemberly said...

Wow. Melv, you are just awesome. I'm going to bookmark this post so that whenever I'm feeling down about myself, I can read your words again and find the strength to persevere. You, my friend are amazing. Thanks so much for knocking on my door all those years ago. I'm so glad to have you in my life. Love ya!