I mentioned months ago that we would be going to Idaho at the end of August for a fun getaway with some very fun people. Well, it was a blast!!! My dear friend Mandy invited us up along with another of our good friend, Julia and her family. Where do I even begin. Hmmmm.... we got there late Wednesday night.
Julia's family got there Friday morning. On Thursday we drove to Rexburg to see my old campus of Ricks college (now it's BYU-Idaho). It was so fun for me to show my kiddos and hubby my old stomping ground. OH the memories I have of that wonderful school. I haven't been back since I graduated 10 years ago! Honestly, it is the most wonderful school on earth! Mandy was my roommate and Julia and I took a cross crounty ski class together. It sure has changed in the last 10 years, but there is still such an AMAZING spirit on that campus.
After our little walk through memory lane we drove up to Mesa Falls. Gorgeous!!!! Idaho has such beautiful mountains and falls. The kids were wiped out, so it was off to Mandy and James' house for a yummy garden dinner. Did I fail to mention that they live out in the country on 2 acres? So fun! I forgot to get a picture of their most impressive garden (shared between them, James' dad and sister). Behind their house is a giant barley field of which is used to make Budweiser beer. Unfortunately, no beer for us folks though! :o) It was neat to see the huge tractors harvesting all that barley while we were there.
The rest of the time together was spent going water skiing,
BBQ/Zipline
hiking around an old lava field
Then we hiked up this mountain and the views were incredible!
playing games,
lots of laughing, and yes, more visits to Ricks. We had so much fun. Good friends are rare to find these days, so we are all the more grateful to have them in our lives.
3 comments:
How fun! That looks like such a fun weekend! I am glad you got to go. I only wish we were a little closer so we could have snuck over and given you a squeeze! :)
Your little Nathan is about the cutest little mug I have ever seen!
too cool! It makes me think about going back to Provo someday with Jennah and Andy... but then that drive makes me think "not sometime soon" :)
Hm. We missed you all by a couple of weeks. Next time though. Next time.
Post a Comment