Saturday, March 14, 2009

52 Blessings/ Week 10: Blankies

When I was a child my thumb pacified me for everything. So much so that I was a little too old still sucking my thumb. That's another story though. Anyway, both Hannah and Nathan are blankie kids. They LOVE their blankies!!!! Hannah got hers from Kelly who is the girlfriend of her uncle Mike. We love Kelly, and truly Kelly, this blanket is what Hannah loves most in life!


Nathan's blanket was actually a gift from his Grandma Lombardo. She gave it to Hannah when she was just a little tike, but Nathan has taken to it and is rarely without it. To get this thing washed is quite tricky. I have to distract him long enough to get the blanket away and then I quickly put it in the wash. When he asks for it, I tell him it's in the wash and he'll go sit by the washer, sometimes crying, until it's done.



I am grateful that my kids have these little things that comfort them. They've come from people that love them, so it means even more to me. I wonder if Abigail will follow suit and have a favorite blankie as well. We'll see.

3 comments:

Diane said...

aww! Cute blankets :)

Anonymous said...

I understand that feeling. I too am a blankie kid. Even as an adult I have my favorite blanket to cuddle up with. You just feel better.

raising4boys said...

Cute pictures....we love our blankies too :)