Ok, I know I should probably think of something more sentimental, but really I am so thankful for this man who preaches to whoever will listen, about the importance of living on a budget and how to get out of debt. Aaron and I started listening to him on the radio a little over a year ago and I'm here to tell ya, he's fantastic! His philosophy is easy to follow. The tricky part is being disciplined enough to stick with it, but we are here to tell ya it works if you stick with it. So, it is deffinately a blessing to be on a budget and also, if you've not heard of him before, he is my gift to you all to start out a wonderful 2009! Happy New Year!
This is what Dave Preaches
Get out of debt the same way you learned to walk, one step at a time. Dave has taught these principles to millions via radio, books, Financial Peace University, Live events, and online:
1- $1,000 to start an Emergency Fund
2- Pay off all debt using the Debt Snowball
3- 3 to 6 months of expenses in savings
4- Invest 15% of household income into Roth IRAs and pre-tax retirement
5- College funding for children
6- Pay off home early
7- Build wealth and give!
For those interested, check him out at daveramsey.com
1 comment:
AMEN SISTER! Seriously, we LOVE Dave! I think Ryan and I are officially considered the geekiest people EVER! We have been to a Glenn Beck show and a Dave Ramsey show. Those are the types of "concerts" we frequent! I know...were nerds!
I love that Dave teaches that budget doesn't mean restriction, it means PLAN! In fact, being on a budget makes you feel like you have more freedom. I love that!
If you ever get the chance to go see him when he comes to Salt Lake, DO IT (if you haven't already). He is SO funny and it is SO motivating!
I LOVE the header by the way! So sweet!
Post a Comment