Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Dear Friend

I think we all know someone we'll never forget and Anne Shirley, of Green Gables, calls them "kindred spirits". Jen is my kindred spirit. She was one of my great mission companions. We had the greatest companionship. Working with her was such a blast, so much so that we would often find ourselves working over the expected hours asked of us. During the time we served together we laughed, and cried, and grew in ways that I'm not sure we would have with any other companion. I must admit that when I think of my mission it is mostly the time I spent with Jen and the people we taught together.
She now lives in Indiana with her husband and little boy. As if that isn't far enough, they will be moving even further this next year to Pennsylvania! (Darn you Cory)! LOL Thankfully they have family here in Utah and seem to make it back for a visit atleast once a year. Although our visits are limited and short, I ALWAYS look forward to seeing you Jen! I love you girl!



This is her adorable little boy, Jake.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Whoa. All these years and I didn't know the two of you knew each other. I got excited at this post and hurried to tell Emily that her cousin Cory's wife was Melissa's mission companion. Emily said "I know." Turns out sometimes people don't tell me stuff. I'm glad you guys didn't hate each other on your mission, because we really like you both, and it would be awkward if you weren't friends.

Jennie said...

Mel, you truly are my kindred spirit! Although this pic has GOT to go...did you see my double chin?! It runs in the family and turning 30 this week didn't help. Oh, well. Love is blind. I miss you already! Jen