General Conference is inspiring. It is uplifting. It is humbling. It is powerful. It is spiritual. When I was a little girl, I dreaded conference weekend. It was hard to sit and listen to eight hours of talks. (Two sessions on Saturday and two on Sunday). And now, that time just flies by and I find myself wanting more!! Not only do I want more, I NEED more! I found myself really tuning into the following talks.
Elder Rasband, who spoke on prayer and faith. Sister Reeves, who spoke on morality and purity. Elder Zwick, who spoke on communication and love. President Uchtdorf, spoke on gratitude. It was SUPERB!!! President Monson spoke on the importance of kindness, especially to those who do not believe as we do. I feel so blessed to hear from our church leaders every six months. I'm so grateful that my children are growing up listening, just as I did and tuning in to what the prophet has to say to us. I make it a little more enjoyable for them to watch and listen than it was for me when I was a child.
Fruit Loop necklaces
They also did conference packets where they listened for certain words, or could color pictures, and do cross word puzzles.
Caught Joe folding his arms for the prayer.
Traditional Conference Scones!
Joe liked them too!
During the last session, Nathan and Joe were out back getting some wiggles out. I happened to look out to see Nathan being so sweet to his younger brother. Something about listening to good things, and then seeing your kids doing good things make me teary happy!
Life is good!
*Late last night, my dad called to tell me that my sweet Grandma passed away. She was a month shy of her 101st birthday! I'll have to write a post all about her. She was remarkable! Although normally death brings feelings of great sadness, I couldn't be very sad. I just keep thinking of her tremendous reunion with her beloved Preston and her parents and siblings. She was the last to go of her family and has been without grandpa for 40 years. I am the lucky one to have called her Grandma!
No comments:
Post a Comment