Saturday, April 14, 2012

Our Week of Spring Break

A whole week to have my kids home. A whole week to do whatever we wanted. A whole week to try to be creative (not my talent). Somehow, I pulled it off and we had a fun week.


Monday: Library and picnic at the park. Then over to Grandma and Grandpa's for some jumping on the trampoline and popsicles.
We took every advantage of the beautiful weather we had at the beginning of the week. The kids love picnics and they love parks.


Tuesday: Thanksgiving Point Gardens and picnic. The flowers were spectacular and the crowds were small.






Wednesday our plans changed because I overdid it the day before. So, it was a play with friends in the neighborhood kinda day. Fortunately, the weather was still so nice and they enjoyed swinging, and monkeying around.

Thursday we had Gracie over with us and it was cold outside. We made cake pops, that were sent to us from Grandma Lombardo for Easter, and watched a movie and colored masks.




Friday was our big surprise for the kids. We booked an over nighter at a hotel just down the street from us. I know, kinda weird to pay money to sleep over somewhere so close, but we knew the kids would love it. I kept telling them that we had a fun surprise for them and they were DYING to know what it was. We packed up their things and headed over to the Marriott hotel by Thanksgiving Point. They were SOOOOO excited! Especially when we told them there was a pool. (Beware, picture overload). There was plenty of jumping on the beds and pillow fights.


 We had fun cuddling and playing games.


 But who am I kidding, nothing could compete with their excitement for the pool.
 Abigail was so afraid of the elevator.


 Aaron and Hannah had fun taking pictures of them self under water.




 With time to spare after swimming we headed over to the Dinosaur Museum at Thanksgiving Point. An absolute favorite place to go!




 Then it was off to get ice cream and cuddle up to watch TV.  A luxury we opted out of at our house a long time ago. There was NOTHING on worth watching, so Abby and I curled up and went to sleep. We were pooped!

Today we ate a yummy breakfast and got one more swim in before we had to check out. It was so worth it to have this fun little family time. We ended our weekend with "The Lorax" at the theater. Hannah was telling us that she can't wait until we do this again.
Me either!

1 comment:

Cali and Travis said...

Lady you amaze me! I have no idea how you have time or energy to be so creative all the time. Seriously! I'm like the laziest mom ever. I just turn them loose and let them run wild and call it good! I'm totally with you on going to a hotel though. We do that a couple of times a year even though it's just close to home. There's just something nice about being able to get away for overnight. It's like you can do some many more fun things when you're not distracted by the day to day stuff like laundry and dishes.