Monday, May 24, 2010

A Remarkable Woman!




This is my lovely Grandma Eyre. I love her! Today is her 97th birthday. She is remarkable in everyway!!!! Oh, how I love her. She is the epitime of Grandma. She only had 2 children, so when my mom and dad kept having more children,(9 of us to be exact) I know she and grandpa were nervous/worried. She has loved all of us so much though. We've never lived close to grandma and she lost grandpa more than 35 years ago (I never knew him). She clings to the knowledge that she will be with him again soon. We welcome that sweet reunion between them. There was a time that I couldn't think of grandma dying without me just bursting into tears. I will miss her terribly when she does leave us, but I know that she is ready to be with her beloved husband, parents, and siblings again. I'm so grateful for the history that she has given to us children about her childhood, and all the many things she has seen in her lifetime. She has a testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ that cannot be shaken, and her legacy of faith will live on.

I love you Grandma! Happy Birthday.

No comments: