Tuesday, January 26, 2010

An Answered Prayer


So, Hannah is quite sentimental. She has this bag full of thank you cards that she for some reason, treasures. This afternoon she couldn't find them anywhere and was starting to get really concerned. We looked for them together and couldn't find them so she said, "Mom, I'm going to say a prayer and ask Heavenly Father to help me find them." So, this sweet little four year old said a prayer and of course, we all know that Heavenly Father does indeed listen to little children. Not one minute later, she found them. That little girl folded her arms and thanked Heavenly Father.

Why don't we all have such simple faith like a child?

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I've heard her pray. It really is the sweetest and simplest faith I've ever witnessed. She really is going to be a strong member of the church someday!!! thats a neat story

Amy said...

That is so sweet Melissa! And funny that it was thank you cards! :D

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

I LOVE THAT! You are such a good Mommy! Really, is there anything that makes your heart feel better than knowing that all the wiggle and jabber filled FHE's and Family Scriptures are actually doing something! :)

LOVE YA!

AND A BIG YES! We would LOVE to come down and speak, just so you know! Tomorrow morning I am teaching early morning seminary to the High School kids in our Valley and next week Enrichment for 3 wards! LOVE IT! I LOVE to share my little D! It is amazing to watch the way the spirit works in all the people that hear his story!

And Love ya again! :)

Jack and Heidi Shiner said...

How wonderful! That is so precious. Good job Mom and Dad for teaching her the importance of prayers.